LINKS TO RESOURCES
The following are Naturopathic Physician websites which feature news, background on Naturopathic Doctors, as well as referrals for NDs in your local area:
- North Carolina Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Naturopathic Medical Schools and Associations
There are only five accredited Naturopathic Medicine programs in the United States and two in Canada. These schools are accredited by the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education, a specialized accreditor recognized by the US Department of Education:
- Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA
- National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Portland OR
- National University of Health Sciences, Lombard, IL
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, Tempe, AZ
- University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine, Bridgeport, CT
Local Organic Food
Eating local food sources helps to reduce pollution and the use of natural resources, but it also helps people make healthier decisions and invest in their community. The following are some of the best places in our area to find local organic foods:
Monterey Bay Seafood Recommendations: our local seafood source is dwindling and polluted. This website will help you determine which sources are safer for you and your family and more environmentally sustainable.
- Recipe Rx: create recipes based on your diet, health history, and food preferences.
- Eat this much: generate meal planning ideas for specific diets, weight loss, gain or maintenance.
- Bastyr University: a great resource for seasonal healthy recipes
- Bastyr University Eat Organic: get the list of the “dirty dozen” and why you should choose organic (Dirty Dozen Pesticide List)
- Gluten-free: gluten can erode the intestinal wall and cause problems beyond the gut. Check out these creative websites to avoid eating gluten.
- Vegetarian/vegan: eating vegetarian or vegan can be a healthy choice for many people.
- Anti-inflammatory diet: an anti-inflammatory diet or an “exploratory diet” is a great way to identify foods that trigger reactions from migraines to indigestion. Learn more at the following websites:
Track Your Diet and Activity
These websites allow you to monitor your nutrition and exercise.
Here is a list of local parks that have walking trails: