FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What can I expect from my first visit to Carolina Whole Health?
Please click here to visit our “what to expect” page.
What types of conditions can a naturopathic doctor (ND) treat?
Naturopaths are trained as primary care doctors and treat the entire spectrum of medical conditions. See our common conditions page for a list of conditions we most frequently see.
Will my ND work with other health care practitioners?
Yes. We consult with any health care provider our patients may be seeing. We may also refer you to other specialists if necessary. We believe that each health care profession adds value and a unique perspective for the patient and that by working together we can all provide the best quality care possible.
Will my ND accept insurance?
No, we are unable to accept insurance at this time, but we will work with flexible spending accounts. Contact your benefit provider to find out what services are covered with your plan.
What type of training does a ND receive?
Please read Practitioner Training.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept cash, checks, Visa and MasterCard for payment-in-full at the time of service.
What is the Naturopathic medical philosophy?
We design an individualized health plan for you, based on the Naturopathic medicine model.
- First Do No Harm: Naturopathic Doctors avoid high force interventions whenever possible. Depending on the patient’s state of health, we work with gentle therapies. It is important to note that there are situations when high force interventions are absolutely necessary.
- Healing Power of Nature: Each individual has the innate ability to heal with the proper support. We support the body’s natural ability to heal, through therapies, lifestyle and dietary recommendations.
- Treat the Cause: There is always an underlying cause of your illness. We aim to identify the underlying cause to restore health.
- Heal the Whole Person: We specialize in treating our patients as a unique individual with specific physical, mental, emotional, genetic, and spiritual make-up and needs. We address all of these factors to help you achieve your health and life goals.
- Physician as Teacher: Education is key to understanding the foundation of health. We educate and empower each patient to achieve long-term health.
- Prevention: Identifying risk factors and hereditary susceptibilities is essential
to prevent chronic disease. We work with our patients to identify these factors to ensure long-term health.
- Wellness: Most everyone can achieve wellness. Once health has been established, it is important to maintain optimum health and balance. We work with each patient once they have achieved health to maintain wellness.